Arrived in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
July 16th 2009
Published: July 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our flight from Cincinnati to London went very well and we arrived a bit early in London Gatwick. It was a long walk to Immigration but only a 1/2 hr wait when we got there and no wait for luggage or customs. The Driver arranged by HAL was waiting for us with a sign and our names so he grabbed our bags and loaded us in his cab for the 1 1/2 hr trip to London. The traffice was a bit slow but not horrible since it was about 10 when we left the airport. We arrived at the Crowne Plaza St. James about 11:30 but our room wasn't ready until 1. We waited in the courtyard for a while and then the lobby trying to stay awake. so once we got to our room it was time for a nap. Got up around 4 and went down to find something to eat. Decided on the Fish and chips since we're in London (even though it isn't Lent!). We then took a short walk down to Buckiingham Palace which is just a few blocks away from the hotel. Just going to hang out tonight and catch up on email and watch TV. We have to have our luggage out by 7 a.m. and then board the shuttle to Dover about 9. Looking forward to boarding the ship tomorrow and meeting up with Erin and Dennis who are flying out tonight. I'll post more from the ship tomorrow!

Advertisement



20th July 2009

Arrived in London
Ok now I realize that this is your first blog. I have been gone this weekend and some got your second blog first. Anyway glad you got to London and everything went well. I will get caught up I hope. Take care. Janet

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb