London Day 2 - Tube-ing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

St. PaulsSt. PaulsSt. Pauls

St. Pauls
Holy crap it's hot here and because this type of heat is unusual, there are NO AIR CONDITIONERS!!!!!
Totally soaked all day.
Today is our day to travel with the locals on the underground. A little intimidating at first but the system is well laid out and fairly easy to understand.
Our first visit is to St. Pauls Cathedral at the St pausl stop. (from Euston down the northern line to the central line then est to the St. Pauls stop) Forthos of you have not been here - trust me...
Magnificent .... and massive. Since it was a Sunday there are no tours and ..... no pictures inside. we were allowed in and we got to see most of the cathedral from the rear. Services were about to start so we went to the gift shop and then off to Westminster Abbey.
We were able to walk around the grounds but again since it was Sunday no one was allowed in to look around in between services.
Found a pub down he street and had lunch at the Westminster Arms. (fish and chips again - not so great)
Now we were off to the Harry Potter walk at the Temple
WestminsterWestminsterWestminster

Westminster
stop (not so great).
We now had enough time to go back to the hotel to freshen up (that's being polite - had to get dry clothes )
Headed out again for the Jack the Ripper Walk - this was to visit the sites of the murders. (a little bit better but not great)
Finished up with dinner in the marketplace - it has been there since the 1700's - our server was from Hamilton and his grandmother lived on a street very near to us in Pickering. Huh small world....
OK back onto the tube and back to the hotel.

Here they are


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

PhonePhone
Phone

Phone
GringottsGringotts
Gringotts

Gringotts
WhitechapelWhitechapel
Whitechapel

Whitechapel


30th June 2009

Holy Big Ben
Great Big Ben shot. Did you go on the London Eye ? .... Scarry. Can't wait for the next set of pictures. Have fun

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb