7 Places to Visit in Europe as The Best Destinations


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Europe may be the place you have never been, or it may be that you have traveled it on end. In any case, in interrail we have compiled a ranking with the best places to visit in Europe.

If you come on vacation to Europe you cannot cover everything. Sorry. I have been traveling in Europe all my life and I still have many places to visit.

What you can do is to focus on those most interesting cities, those that will leave you speechless.

Additionally, what are those beautiful European cities? Well, to know these, you have to keep reading.



The 7 places to visit in Europe are:

1. Florence

2. Paris

3. Rome

4. Venice

5. London

6. Vienna

7. Berlin

I assure you will love the best places to travel in Europe.


1. Florence, one of the best places to tour in Europe


This is at number 1, and after an arduous and tough competition with numbers two and three, Florence finally prevailed.

If you ask me unexpectedly which is the most beautiful city in Europe, Florence is very likely to come out of my mouth.

UNESCO calls Florence the capital of art, and the truth is that it is not mistaken, since it contains half of the most important artistic works in the country. Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Brunelleschi or Botticeli are just some of the many artists who left their mark on the capital of Tuscany.

Its historic center is considered a World Heritage Site and had its greatest period of splendor with the rule of the Medici dynasty, who brought Renaissance art to the city, thanks to their fortune.

Some of the best-known monuments are the Cathedral of Santa María del Fiore, the Ponte Vecchio or the Uffizi Gallery.



2. Paris, the European city of love

As you know, Paris is the capital and the most populous city in France. You can take a bath and also a boat trip in the River Seine. It is one of the most important economic centers in Europe, along with London.

In the 19th and 20th centuries a series of buildings were developed in it as a consequence of the Industrial Revolution and its exhibitions, such as the Eiffel Tower or the Galeries des Machines.

Despite the fact that Paris is very large, the metro will allow you to get to all parts of the city quickly and safely. Finally, don't forget that in Paris, there are some of the most famous art galleries in the world -- the Louvre Museum or the Musée d'Orsay, full of impressionist paintings.


3. Rome, a European city with the most history


Rome was the capital of the Roman Empire and is considered one of the first great metropolises of humanity.

Rome has a charm hardly comparable to other European cities. Lose yourself in the Roman streets seeing architectural wonders from the time of the Romans such as the Flavian Amphitheater or Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Catacombs, the Pantheon or the Castle of Sant'Angelo.

This city is also the heart of religion. It houses the Basilica of San Pedro, one of the most emblematic buildings in the world as well as the Sistine Chapel, made by Miguel Angel.

Also, do not forget that you have to eat and, if you are a food lover, Italy is the birthplace of Italian pizzas, Italian ice creams and pasta.

The phrase that says "it takes seven lives to see Rome as a whole" is very true. Additionally, being such a large city, it is almost impossible to visit all its corners once. So, drop the coin at the Trevi Fountain and hope to return soon.



4. Venice

Another of the essential places to see in Europe is Venice. Venice is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in the world. Its architectural beauty, its bridges, the gondola rides on its canals and its harmonious atmosphere are compelling reasons to be on this list.

Venice is a unique city in the world, with an unrepeatable history, since it was built on the sea and communicates through canals and bridges.

Among its islands, linked by bridges, the immense palaces and the beautiful churches that form it stand out. The Saint Mark's Basilica, the city's Gothic cathedral or the Ducal Palace, also in Gothic style, are particularly relevant.



5. London

London, capital of the United Kingdom, is one of the most famous and beautiful cities in the world. Its long historical tradition and its global economic and cultural status guarantee its position in this ranking.

Eating fish and chips, going to Chinatown, strolling among the colorful houses of Notting Hill or watching the changing of the guard are some of the many things you can do in London.

What would the city of London be without its wonderful Big Ben or Buckingham Palace, seat of the British monarchy. These two monuments together with the London Eye, a 135-meter-high Ferris wheel. If you are a fan of museums, you can visit the British Museum, the largest in the country, the National Gallery or the Tate Modern.



6. Vienna

Another essential city to visit in Europe is Vienna, the capital of Austria.

It is one of the most welcoming and beautiful cities in all of the Europe. A true symbol of elegance.

If you go to Vienna, you should not miss Hofburg Imperial Palace, the largest in the city and former residence of Austrian royalty. Other essential places are the Vienna Cathedral, one of the most beautiful in Europe, and the famous Vienna Opera.

I recommend that you book a Free Tour, since you will learn a lot and it is free. You have also the option of doing a Free Tour at night there, an impressive option, since this city at night is very special.

To take the fresh air you can go up to the Burggarten, very close to the Vienna Art History Museum. If you get hungry you can go to the Naschmarkt, one of the main open-air markets in the city.



7. Berlin
Berlin is the next in this article, an open, modern and multicultural one.

We cannot (and we must not) forget that Berlin is, to say the least, history. Some of the worst events that society has ever seen occurred in it, and this has clearly marked its tourist character: The Holocaust Monument, Check Point Charlie or the Berlin Wall.

And it is inevitable that we go where we go, everything reminds us or is related to that particular time. In any case, Berlin is a great city to visit, completely open to tourists and hiding important monuments and curiosities.

I hope you have liked this article and you are encouraged to discover this wonderful continent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb