Day six


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Easy morning as Steph has gone to Liverpool.
After a load of washing we headed on foot down to Knightsbridge. We had seen this suburb from the bus and the fancy car dealers took our eye so we thought there may be different things to see.
Without a plan we walked past the Maclaren and Ferrari dealerships to discover Harrords was also there.
Now Harrods was not on my radar as I thought it was just a famous department store and a bigger version of Myer or David Jones.
Turns out to be a bit more than that, so we spend the next three hours discovering all that it has to offer.
If visiting London, this store should be on your list.
In my quest to fit in, we had English breakfast tea and scones for lunch.
Walking back to Kensington we come across Ambassdor lane, which runs behind Kensington palace.
This is where all the countries from around the world house there ambassadors and delegates.
The residences are absolute mansions.
The gates at each end are heavily guarded by police with automatic weapons and for some reason the Turkey or Greek residence was also heavily guarded. The others were not.( not up with my flags but it was one or the other)
For our last night in London, Michelle wants to have a take away dinner and eat in Hyde park as it stays light until about 9 pm.
Also at dusk there are plenty of Squirrels hoping about.
Off to Paris by train tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



25th May 2015
Tea at Harrods

Tea
It suits you mate like the finger in the air you have it down pat now don't you play up in the city of love ok
26th May 2015

Prim and propper
Well i didnt know that you had it in you Col nicely done with the pinky at tea at Harrod's

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb