London Eye and Kensington


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Kensington
September 11th 2017
Published: September 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today began with a trip down Gloucester road to get some breakfast supplies. A Waitrose supermarket provided milk, muesli, and some bread. Consulting the underground map, we realised it was very easy to get to the London eye, as Gloucester Road station is on the Piccadilly line and so is Embankment, where we need to get off. We changed our voucher into tickets and headed for the fast entry line. There were about 10 people in our pod and it took about 30minutes to get all the way around. The weather came and went, without too much rain, but mostly grey. It was a great view over the Thames and Westminster.

From the Eye we walked into the Covent garden area, past trafalgar square and into the strand. We stopped for a cup of coffee before heading off to a 3 shop to buy a sim. We also found a Marks and Spencer's food hall and bought some Indian for dinner .

Took our purchases back to Kensington and also bought some lunch at our local shops on Gloucester Rd. after lunch we headed out again, this time on foot. Walking 59 the end of Gloucester rd, we ended up in Kensington gardens. Walking around the garden, we saw the white garden, Kensington palace and the tea rooms- where we had afternoon tea. We walked back to the hotel, around the outside of the park. Many beautiful houses and consulates are in guarded roads around the perimeter of the park.

A bit of a lazy day today, as we get over our jet lag. We have done some planning for tomorrow, when it's off to Windsor for the day. Perhaps followed by evensong at westminester abbey and then dinner at Nopi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb