Where it all started...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Highgate
August 31st 2006
Published: September 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bow-legged and saddle sore: Patagonia by Motorbike


Our work horse...Our work horse...Our work horse...

This is the beasty that will be doing all the hard work and taking us on this journey
Our journey sort of starts here, almost 3 years ago, when we first hatched our plan, courtesy of the fine two-wheeled extravaganza that is the London Motorcyle Show.

There we met a couple who had recently gone from Anchorage to Ushuaia in a record breaking 35 days or so....

We chatted: North america, blah-blah, central America, yeah-whatever....Patagonia....Now just hold on there one second, we cried, tell us more!

Since then we have been plotting, reading, planning, scrimping and saving and courtesy of Bank of Nick's Dad we ( this is nick's favourite) bought a corker of a bike, just right for the job....

Of course, that was then and this is now and a lot has happened. We find ourselves 4 weeks from departure,and it still seems like a mountain of things to do.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The two haggard explorersThe two haggard explorers
The two haggard explorers

...before they got haggard...


24th September 2006

Tassels???
Excuse me nick....but where are the tassels???
24th September 2006

A bien tot
Geezers! Hope you catch up on your sleep and get rid of the hangovers by Monday. LOADS of luck - and send us postcards!
24th September 2006

Tassels...
Don't fret... They're in the bags and will endup on the bike: no way I'm fitting them whilst still in the UK when someone may actually recognise me...Evidence will follow: you'll just have to keep reading!!
25th September 2006

Updates
You lucky git's :) I cant wait to read all the updates.
25th September 2006

Good luck!
Good luck to both of you and have great fun!! You'll be getting to the airport around now for the "big off"! Thinking of you! Kristina - you look so young in the photo - I think you need to add a picture of today so you can really compare the before and afterwards! Will enjoy following your trip!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb