rihla 18


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Greenwich
February 13th 2012
Published: February 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part One (The Interview):

1. Name of Interviewee: Jean Collins

2. Relationship to Interviewee: Grandmother

3. Decade of Choice: (The person should choose one decade from their life to refer to)

1970's, age 25-35

4. Describe the environment in which you lived for that decade.



The 1970sa looked like a big party, full of advertisement and grim. It was surrounded by music and style.



5. What major activities did you participate in?

Going to disco clubs, parting all the time, going to concerts, and living life to the fullest.



6. What were the major social issues of that decade?

-the Vietnam war

-watergate

-Nixon

-disco

-drug crazy



7. What was the biggest turning point for you during that decade? Why?

One of the biggest turning points for me was when the Vietnam war was over because I had a lot of friends and family thathard been drafted into the war, and i was very happy to see them come back.





Part Two (Your Reflection):



1. In your own words, do you think that location has influenced this person’s actions? If so, explain.



I dobelieve location has had a big affect on my grandmothers life, like if she lived somewhere else she might experience different things. If she might have lived in south AfShea she might be apart of the apartide.



2. Do you think your location within the last decade of your life has influenced your actions? Explain.

Yes, you are shaped by you environment. I have been in the united states of America all my life so that what I see the world through and I feel everything that goes on in this country. So location is a very important part.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb