Day 2 in London UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Earls Court
October 28th 2012
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Jones and Thornburg's arrived late last night. Roxie and I met them at 9:30 am and walked to the "tube" (train stn). Went and picked up our London Pass tickets and then got on "The Big Bus" (hop-on/hop-off). 1st stop "The Eye." Fun, fun, fun - saw lots of London and surrounding areas. Then got back on the bus and went to "The Tower of London." This is where brutal torture was done and heads cut off. Two of Henry VIII's wives were killed here and are actually buried in the chapel. My first time in the chapel. Saw the crown jewels - WOW - lots of jewels and gold. Got back on the bus and hit the train back to Earl's Court (closest to the hotel) and ate dinner at The Blackbird (http://blackbirdearlscourt.co.uk/food-and-drink). I had beef stroganoff which was excellent, then had delicious bread pudding with custard. Walked back to the hotel in a light rain. Looks like we'll have a little rain every day. Hampton Court Palace tomorrow then Roxie and I are off to Cardiff, Wales, and the others are off to Paris for a few days.

Advertisement



28th October 2012

Dinner
And for trivia fans, I had bangers and mash -Rick

Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb