Edit Blog Post
Published: September 29th 2008
Our trip has been 11 months in the planning but we are about there. Off on 1 October for just short of six months. The plan is to be back in the UK on 25 March 2009. We have all the tickets and our brand new shiny back packs and have passed our walking exam thanks to Gail & Malcolm
Thanks to all our friends, family and Planet Spice for the many goodbye drinks and best wishes.
A big thank you to the guys and girls that came round on Saturday 27 September to say goodbye, with special thanks to:
* Nancy for the guiness cake and for keeping the sofa warm for 2 hours
* Angelo for dropping in from India
* Wayne for staying awake all night
* Jen for the ice shots, they were lethal
* You all for the hot air balloon trip and for making us get up at 4 in the morning. Watch out for the pictures !
We are looking forward to seeing a few of you on our journey
* Jo & Gaz in Alice Springs & Bloomfield (a luxury rainforest spa that Jo gets free !)
* Sally &
Colin in Sydney, Sues school friends who are making a special trip to see us for 4 hours !
* Karen & Wayne on a small island off of Thailand; they will probably get lost on the way (don’t let Wayne into the Ping Pong bar !)
* Debbie on a trek round Borneo; we think she wants to see us rough it for 2 weeks, but I’m sure we can find a posh hotel in a remote jungle village
*And finally, Gail & Malcolm at the peak of Mount Kinabaloo; Malcolm follows Sue anywhere
Its been a long goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sue & Bill
Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0114s; 1; m:saturn w:www (188.8.131.52); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb