Sleeping in, what a novel idea!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Covent Garden
September 17th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I woke up this morning to Amanda getting ready to run. Fell asleep again and woke back up while she was out. Rolled over and dozed back off again. Finally got up when Amanda came back in from her run around 10 am. Man, I just can't remember being so calm and restful. Lazily sleeping from 10pm to 10am..what a unique experience! It feels awesome!

We decided to head out to Tower of London today. It was pretty cool and not at all what I expected. Everywhere I've ever seen a representation of the Tower of London, I've seen the inner tower...I think it's called the White Tower..I didn't expect it to be basically a small city/fortification/castle! Pretty cool!

We wandered down to a nice little Indian restaurant called Spice. The naan was amazing! We ordered the cheese, chili and onion naan. Nice and spicy and so warm and fresh. I had a murgh masala dish that was really great and Amanda had something else, all vegetarian I think but the curry was freakin awesome. Amanda and became involved in a deep discussion about life, philosophy, religion, etc and both realized just how long it has been since life has aforded us even a few minutes leisure to chat about feelings, beliefs and just life in general. It was an enjoyable, relaxing, truly precious moment.

After that we wandered across Tower Bridge to snap a few pics and then head back to Embankment on the tube. We went to Gordon's Wine bar and DAMN that place is AWESOME! The cave was SO COOL. We've got pics but nothing that the iPad would do justice. We met a young couple from Toronto who were at the end of thier trip, backpacking across Europe. We took some pics of them and they of us. The cave was pretty warm as more people came in and candles were lit so we headed up to the outdoor area along an alleyway.

We sat out and chatted until our glasses were empty and headed back to the hotel for the free cocktail hour. We're heading out in a bit for some dinner.......who knows where...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb