4th May update in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Chiswick
June 5th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, a bit of an update. I’m writing this from the back of our van while on the way to a kite location for the weekend south east England with Dan and Jeremy (Kiwi).

We really loved Barcelona, meet some really neat people in our hostel and did a few day trips to Monserrat and to Casteldefells to visit the Ozone importer Ian.

The fun really started when we came back to England. Our EazyJet flight went off without a hitch…even with Dan spelling my name wrong on my ticket no one noticing. It seems to be a comedy of errors. The issue was that we had extended our stay in Spain by a day but it coincided with Champions League Final of football, someone from UK verses Barcelona. This meant that there was NO accommodation available in the greater London area! When I say none I mean, no budget and also no hotels. I remembered a web site I had seen back in NZ called sleepinginairports .com so got a few hints and camped at Luton Airport the night, not the best sleep, actually quite shit, but it was free.
Hired a rental car, little Hyunai that was super zippy, and headed to Essex to view a van (crap). Ended up staying the night in Ipswich (North East) and doing another 5hr drive down to Exeter (South West) the next day to view two more. This is where we found Kirbit(our van) who was owned by a lovely young family that had spent a lot of time and love on him.
Spent a few days and lots of dollars on things to make it super comfortable and now we start the trek into Europe. Catching the ferry from Dover on Sunday night. Update whenever I can. Love


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb