Camden Town and Mayfair


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

London Day 4
We awoke to a brisk, misty morning. The threat of shopping hung thick in the air - the scent was strong...
With the weather not conducive to visiting BOB's and the fact we had ticked most off the list, Camden Town and markets seemed a logical choice.

The tube, again, beckoned to be ridden and the predictable wait of 1 minute seemed never ending. With a rush of air and 'mind the gap' we were off, speeding into what was surely going to be a purchasing paradise. Upon arrival, the crowds were a throbbing mass, converging as one onto the escalators, surely propelling them, and us into shopping utopia...not to be!

Well, it was OK but nothing seen could have been described as unique. A large Queen Vic Market, spread out over streets and alleys, something to be seen but not necessarily savored. The threat of shopping had been averted but Julie was already searching for items that could be purchased in more exotic locations. There were some lovely leather items at Camden, though considering it is a market, they seemed to be full price...I think we can do better in Istanbul! I think Camden has a bit of a grungy feel, there are still lots of punks and endless shops selling rock t-shirts, good people watching....just too many people.

With Camden being crossed off the list we decided to explore our local establishments further. Being a Saturday there was plenty of cheering and chanting as the 'football' crowds ventured in and out. We came across a group on a Monopoly pub crawl, a novel idea and we decided to join them in ticking off Mayfair.

Mayfair...tick!







Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb