A wee man called Jimmy Diamond


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last week I had taken a day off work because my old eyes had been bloodshot and I wanted to have them checked (they are OK just a little dry, London Grit). Anita rang me to say she had seen the George Benson was playing at the Royal Albert Hall and she was keen to go. I had once missed the opportunity of seeing Eric Clapton play ther. We couldn't really afford the £45 each to get in. We decided to go down 3 hours early and try and buy cheaper tickets from the box office. Its a truley impressive building and as we walked around looking for door 12 (ticket office) a wee man, of about 70, in a suit and a hat asked if we wanted tickets to see GB. We suspicously said yes, how much? "He said £25 each, good seats" We had no cash on us, so he directed us to a money machine. All the way Anita and I were debating "Are we about to be ripped off, should we go for it, Is this for real and concluded Oh well, so we lose £50, at least we have a story. We gave Jimmy the money and he said "Do you want to have something to eat before the show?" We were hungry and he lead us down the street to a student cafetria in a Design Centre> Is this guy for real! All the way down he chatted about himself and said " I am also selling tickeys for the Royal Albert Hall, just look for James Diamond. Well, the tickets were authentic,the seats were great, the RA is magnificent and the show was Tumeke, it rocked, George Benson was on stage for two hours and sung every hit. It was nice that Anita had actualised one of her dreams. The funny thing was, as we were walking there Anita saw a penny on the ground and said "see a penny pick it up and you will have luck all day."

Finally nice having breakfat with our friend from NZ, Steve and Amanda. Nice seeing Souseke Ayoung Japanese man who lived with us for a month in NZ as a homestay over 2 years ago. He contacted me two weeks ago saying he was coming to England for Glasenbury. I meet Souseke at Heathrow and we all had dinner that night. He had travel from Yokohama to London buy himself especially for the festival. Sorry about spelling time running out.

Advertisement



14th July 2008

Hi guys
Hi Tony and Anita I have finally accessed your blog and really enjoyed reading of your adventures. It seems like things have really settled and expanded for you. You won't be sorry to have missed this winter! All's well here with our varied health issues finally abating and a trip to Australia in the offing. Counselling is now more settled also, my nerves not so much in evidence. Go Well Warmest regards

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb