Rock & Roll Tour Guide


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bayswater
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I woke up to great weather in Manchester, but we didn't need it because we weren't filming there today. We hopped on a quick flight to Heathrow and by around noon we were checking into our small B&B. We had lunch at a local pub (fish and chips for me) and then our driver took us to our first shoot in the city at a restaurant attached to a pub called The Gun. Along the way our driver, Ian Luck (who gives a London Rock 'n' Roll tour and is full of bits of wisdom and trivia), pointed out a bunch of neat items of interest, and we got lost once we got close to the restaurant because it was in quite an odd spot. We shot a nice little segment that would have been even better had the wind not been blowing everything all over the place. The chef grilled a sea bass and red snapper, and while Rick was tasting it at an outdoor table, his salad started to blow away. The restaurant was on the Thames and had a nice view of the Millennium Dome, which is apparently about to re-open for a big Rolling Stones concert. We were dropped off near Khan's, an Indian restaurant near our B&B, and I had the hottest chicken vindaloo ever. It wasn't actually vindaloo. That would have been hotter. I had the next step down, called chicken marma I think. It was nothing like what I'm used to back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb