COTSWOLD COUNTRY SHOW


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=GdPMgnsWiAk]Unexpected feast

I did not think much about this show before I went to see it. One of my friend was having his dog-show display in the main arena and invited me to attend. And so I went and it turned out to be one of a pleasant surprise, indeed.The show pretty much had all the wonderful ingredients to entertain a family for fun. It was geared mostly to engage and enthrall children with the inevitable enjoyment of parents as well.

QuackPack Show

Thats the name of my friends show, rather a quirky name however aptly named thou, for a show which uses quacking ducks and frantic sheepdogs ! Meirion is from Carmathion in Wales from a proud sheepdog training family. He went on to become the youngest sheepdog champion in 'One-man and his dog' competition. Then he discovered he could use those funny looking ducks instead of sheeps with much more an entertaining result. And he was right and now Meirion runs a successful 'Duck & Sheepdog show' as business.

I was talking to Liz, one of our lovely nurses and also a farmers wife, at work. Told her one day I would like to take that Sheepdog show to India. She said 'ken, why not simply google it to find who could help you to do that'. Then she googled it herself and found me a website called 'AllaboutSheepdog.com' run by Caroline Woolly, Yes Woolly indeed as in sheep wool running a site for very woolly sheep!!! It was Caroline who introduced me to Mierion.

Unique and entertaining show

I was curious to see how the show worked out be. Meirion put up a wonderful and engaging show to the crowd with his quirky and quacking ducks and frantic sheepdogs ever so eager to work for his master. He used the dog to control the ducks in a small display area and made them run thru few obstacles. Then he got a member of the public from the crowd, a lady to try her hand. And he got her do it perfectly too. It was a charming and pleasing show for half hour.

Dogs, dogs and even more dogs !

The show had a separate arena for dog related events. There were so many dogs everywhere indeed. The short one, the longs ones, the big ones and the small ones - just about every type of dog you could think of was there with their proud owners. There was one dog as big has a calf staring at a tiny pooch and for a moment I thought, Oh my lord he is going to gobble her up! Fortunately he didn't and the Pooch was lucky to live one more day, indeed.

Falcon show, Ferret race, Fox hunting team and Military parades

Shows galore indeed. A show to please everyone and it was managed excellently. Falcons flew over our heads and dived down into the arena to pick their treats . Then a dummy ferret tied to a remote controlled toy-car was used to lure the dogs to run helter-skelter in the arena - the man knew how to drive them crazy and mad indeed. Then came the Fox-hunting group with full winter attire, horses and hound dogs. They were rather sore and upset as their cruel and wild pursuit was recently banned.

Big Pete and Grim reaper !

The names of the two monster-trucks show, these were really big one indeed. But were a far cry from the real monster-truck shows you see in USA. This was kind of a poor mans version of that. They crushed some written off cars for fun. However the showman talked, talked and kept talking for a long time. I kind of knew that he didn't really have anything more to show other than couple of crushings. Nevertheless, it was entertaining and kept the crowd engaged for a while.

A nice day out with your family indeed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 117, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



30th July 2010

Cotswold Show
Nice photos Ken....a great show that we go to every year.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb