Will It Start UP?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex
August 6th 2010
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Here she is.Here she is.Here she is.

Still in one piece.
Since D & A had stored their motorhome in their dealer's storage yard in Essex, the primary goal of the day was to get to Essex, recover the motorhome and, assuming it would start, drive it back to their hotel near Heathrow Airport.

They asked the front desk staff at the hotel where they could catch the bus to the underground station. The hotel must not get a lot lot transit users. They tried to get us to use the Hoppa Airport Bus which costs 4 GB Pounds each but D & A had already purchased their Oyster cards (transit passes) upon arrival at the Airport the previous day and they were anxious to start using them. Eventually, they found their way onto the bus and underground traveling clear across Greater London from west to east.

Amazingly enough, the van started right up. All they had to do was tank up and hit the road. Unfortunately, the road they had to hit was the M25 which is a monster ring road that circles Greater London. The previous year there had been horrendous Olympic Games generated construction delays on the M25 in addition to its usual horrendous volume delays. D
Ready to Roll?Ready to Roll?Ready to Roll?

A sweet reunion.
figured that the construction must have been winding down by this time.

Wrong. The M25 is really a big trick or, perhaps, a joke played on the unsuspecting who see this big beautiful motorway on a map and make the false assumption that it must be the quick way around Greater London. In the end, D has concluded that there is no quicker way around Greater London. There are only slow, slower and yet even slower ways around London.

Still, D & A managed to find their way back to their Heathrow hotel where they had a celebratory dinner and a well earned night's sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb