Sunny days on the Essex Coast


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Frinton-on-Sea
May 15th 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Returning to England, the last thing we expected was a prolonged period of good weather. Not that we are complaining of course! We stayed with Trish’s parents in Frinton-on-Sea on the Essex coast where we hardly saw a cloud in the sky!

It’s always nice to walk along the seafront when the sun is shining. There were some very brave people about, stripped down to the bare minimum and sunbathing on the beach or, even braver, swimming in the sea! Needless to say we didn’t join them!

We also took a stroll along the promenade at Harwich. Once again the weather was perfect and people were braving the beach. The view over to Felixstowe was interesting with the giant cranes standing proud over the shipyards. We even got to see a “Thames barge” on the water. A long way from the Thames!!

During the week we went to London for the day. The main purpose of the visit was to go to the British Council offices and then to the Syrian embassy. We are now in possession of our visas and the flights to Damascus have been booked for June 16th. Not long to go now, but plenty more miles around the UK to do in the meantime.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Thames BargeThames Barge
Thames Barge

But nowhere near the Thames
LighthouseLighthouse
Lighthouse

A very old one
GroynesGroynes
Groynes

These stop the sand shifting too much.


6th June 2008

those beach huts look like something you would have seen out on the jersey shore circa 1900. i wish we still had them!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb