World. Meet Bud


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Epping
February 15th 2013
Published: February 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The ShellThe ShellThe Shell

A sound financial decision I think you'll agree
Our first post which means we really must be close to leaving on our camper van adventures!

Our camper van is vintage VW 1979 Westfalia. His number plate is BUD so we affectionately call him Bud Dub (Dub being a name given to VW vans…get it? VW….Vdub….). So these will be our Bud Dub adventures!

We’re hoping to set off to Europe at the beginning of April and here on travel blog we’ll be able to keep everyone up to date and no doubt make you all dread our weekly gloating update. But there you go. Least you can’t say we haven’t been in touch!

So the story so far….. (you can skip this bit if you want and just jump to the pictures….go on…..)

We bought a hunk of junk in May 2012. A metal shell of a van that we saw a whole load of potential….and thankfully so could VW Downunder who were going to renovate it! We fell in love with this beautiful vintage blue colour paint so here’s some photos of our Bud being primed, painted and buffed. I think you’ll agree he’s quite the looker now!

In the beginning. There was
The primerThe primerThe primer

And Bud in slippers
BUD (see photos to the right. Click arrows to scroll through photo history)

VW Downunder have now completed painting and fixing the outside of the van. They’ve also done all the technical work, fixing and tuning the engine so it should drive as good as it can for a 70s van. It's even had it's MOT...and passed


Next stop. Bud is now at All Things Timber to get a wood interior….ooooohhhh! Black walnut no less. Hand made by a lovely man called Adrian.

And after that he’ll need to get his upholstery done.


We'll update you with the interior pics as soon as we have some

Andy and Anti


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb