My last night and the way home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Colchester
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My last night and the way home

 Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Colchester By Tamsin
June 30th 2007
Tamsin Sebba
Friday 29th

Arrived in Nairobi at 10.30am, and got a taxi to Ken’s backpackers, where we were sure he wouldn’t be as last we saw he was in jail. However, he greeted us with a mighty hug, not remembering where he knew us from, and tales that someone had tried to assassinate him whilst he was at the coast, and about how he was going back to England to start a new business i.e. he’s being deported!

We walked into town to get money and food for the other three’s trip to Uganda. I used the shower in the backpackers before the four of us went for a farewell dinner at Trattoria.

At 9pm, I left them to get a taxi to the airport.

Saturday 30th

The plane was full, but there was a spare emergency exit window seat, so I quickly moved into it before takeoff. As we came into land, I could see through the English clouds the Houses of Parliament, the Gerkin, Buckingham Palace, Canary Wharf and Hyde Park. After 17 countries, 31 flights and 316 days it was like London was welcoming me home.

THE END!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LondonLondon
London

The Dome on the right and Canary Warf in the middle
ThamesThames
Thames

Big ben and the big wheel


2nd July 2007

The End
Oh hello Tamsin – you’re back. The travelblog was great and I know various people have dipped into it from time to time, even if they don’t make comments. So – where to next ? Back to school.......
2nd July 2007

Yeah youre back can't wait to see you and hear all about the trip even though I've been reading the blog.

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb