SWANAGE TRIP


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Chelmsford
August 27th 2007
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday had a half day from work and drove to Witham to catch a lift with Clem and Ricky. With haribo's, fudge and jelly babies as offerings sat in the front and chatted most of the way. Took five hours to get there as traffic slow in many places due to bank holiday rush.

B&B was okay, Ian and Nisa had already arrived and claimed the double in the attic, Clem, Ricky and George were to share the family room, I was to be on my own in a twin (Hannah had to cancel at the last minute). Sorted ourselves out and all headed into town (apparently only 8 minutes walk) to find somewhere for food. Apparently, Wayne and Stella were still en route but due in about an hour or so.

Strolled along sea front and found somewhere for drinks and food at the Ship Inn. Grabbed some chairs outside and had a few drinks, Stella and Wayne had just arrived at the B&B and would find us shortly. Ordered food and Wayne and Stella then arrived and could add to our order. Unfortunately, Nisa's steak was not how she wanted it so had to return it. Everybody else's food was lovely and when it returned (did take a long time as think they forgot) Nisa said it was worth the wait!

Excellent diving on Saturday and Sunday, four dives and everyone did all the dives, yes ... even me! Best dive was the drift which was quite fast but managed to see loads. Saturday night all met up and ate at a very nice Italian restaurant.

Finished dives about 3 pm on Sunday, headed home feeling very sleepy, arriving back in Chelmsford about 6 ish. What an excellent weekend!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb