Devils Dyke


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Brighton
June 15th 2013
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.8209, -0.139846

Brighton is in Sussex and it is weekend getaway for Londoners since many years, it takes less than an hour from London to Brighton station by train. Places to see are the Royal Pavilion, Brighton beach, Brighton pier, the lanes, museums. Also it is popular with young people for clubbing, sports etc.

We arrived early in the morning to Brighton from London Victoria, bought a day bus pass and took the bus 12x to Eastbourne via Beachy head, this ride is lovely as it passes the coastline with brilliant views of the cliffs, sea, Beachy head. We walked the pier at Eastbourne and then took the bus 12x back to Brighton Pier.
We walked the Brighton pier, had chips, ice cream and we took the bus 77 to Devil's Dyke. It is very tranquil place to relax with great views of the valley, this is also a good place to have a picnic, long walks with fresh air and you can have a drink or two in the pub. We did not spend huge time here as we have been here few times so we went back to Brighton and took a stroll near the Royal pavilion which has lovely gardens then we headed for a walk to the Lanes. You cannot come to Brighton and not walk the Lanes with quaint shops, pebbled narrow streets and quirky atmosphere. We had dinner at the pub and we took the bus to the station as our feet were tired, we made maximum use of our bus pass. It was a fun day at the seaside and we all had wonderful time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb