North-East England: Humberside


Advertisement
Published: October 18th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Dear All Greetings! This is my fourth and final blog entry on my summer trip 2020, travelling in the north-east of England from Newcastle to Hull. I had so far visited some really quite amazing and special places, and on the second Saturday of my trip, I was once more heading with my backpack, and sword in hand, to explore another undiscovered part of this country for me – the northern city of ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 92, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Street SceneStreet Scene
Street Scene

Easington
Tithe BarnTithe Barn
Tithe Barn

Easington
WithernseaWithernsea
Withernsea

East Yorkshire
My SouvenirsMy Souvenirs
My Souvenirs

North-East England 2020



18th October 2020

You had a wonderful trip...
which I've enjoyed following. At least Covid has encouraged one to visit their own country which is what we've been doing this year. Linda flies to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to visit her family for ten days.
19th October 2020

Thank you Bob!
Thank you Bob, and thank you for following my trip! I also enjoyed reading about your trip to California. It's good that we're still able to travel to some extent, exploring our own backyards. I hope Linda has a lovely time with her family in Pittsburgh.
19th October 2020

Appreciating what's on our doorstep
Great read yet again Alex and loved your Scarborough photos. As mentioned in my last blog - https://www.travelblog.org/Europe/United-Kingdom/blog-1053678.html - your recent inspirational blogs made me put pen to paper again and really appreciate what we have on our very own doorstep. Like you hoping to travel a little further afield next year but if that's not to be there are still plenty of places to visit closer to home ... ... Happy Travels Sheila
19th October 2020

Aw, How Lovely!
Thank you very much to you both for your lovely comment in your blog entry. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was there until now, I would have commented earlier on it if otherwise. I'm hoping to read your entry properly soon, it's on my to-read-list which has taken a bit of a pause since the return to school. I'm looking forward to reading it hopefully soon, I feel already that it will also be inspiration for me travelling in good old England for the time being. Happy Domestic Travels to you both, and hopefully we'll indeed be exploring again further afield soon.
20th October 2020
Humber Bridge

Cool photo
I like that photo. /Ake
20th October 2020
Humber Bridge

Thank you
Thank you Ake! It's the under-side of the Humber Bridge.
20th October 2020
Butterfly

Really nice
I took photos of a lot of butterflies in Mexico a few years back. None of them came out that good... /Ake
20th October 2020
Butterfly

Thanks Ake
Thanks Ake. I must admit, I took a few - I find it takes a while sometimes to get a good photo.
26th October 2020
St Patrick's Church

Stunning architecture
So much history.
27th October 2020
St Patrick's Church

Architecture
Indeed, I was impressed with this little-known gem in a hidden village in the middle of the East Yorkshire countryside.
26th October 2020
Beautiful Wood Sculpture

Nice carvings
Talent.
27th October 2020
Beautiful Wood Sculpture

Carvings
Also a lovely surprise to come across in the grounds of St Patrick's Church, Patrington.
27th October 2020

A marvelous journey
You found a great place to picnic. The castle looks lovely. I'm sad you didn't get your trip to California but you certainly have explored some wonderful local places. I had never heard of the Humber Bridge. Those clouds look like a Van Gough painting. You found a lovely BnB. Topping the journey off in Sheffield was the perfect way to end.... especially with the isolation of this year and not having time with the family. Time to plan the next adventure after you finish the laundry.
27th October 2020

Thank you
Aw, thank you for reading. It is so wonderful to read your uplifting and encouraging comments, Merry. It was a special journey, in my own backyard, in these uncertain times. It was indeed very special to round off the journey with my lovely family. Lol, laundry was done, and my next trip is still being formulated, all depending on the current situation... Thanks again for reading Merry ?
20th November 2020

It's Been Fun
It's been great fun following along with you on your travels this year, Alex. I admit to being a bit envious that you've been able to explore your country while, for several reasons, I was not able to explore my own. Thanks for sharing the many interesting highlights of North East England, and for your wonderful photos.
20th November 2020

Thank you
Thank you very much Sylvia, for reading and for travelling along with me on my blog. No worries, I completely understand, and I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to travel. Hopefully this situation will end soon, and we will all be able to explore this beautiful world again. Thanks again for reading ?
12th May 2021

Lovely scenery
Beautiful scenery and photos Alex. I'd like to visit Scarborough and Spurn Point, actually the whole area that you've been visiting on this trip look like a great place to visit. So nice that you could explore your own country, since international travel was not possible last summer. We got in a few trips within our own province last summer, but since then travel has been very restricted, and I haven't been able to visit my parents (who live on Vancouver Island - off the coast of British Columbia) since October.
12th May 2021

Travel
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this Lori, how sad. I do hope the restrictions ease up soon for you to be able to visit your parents. Travel has also been restricted in this country until last month. I guess this time has helped us to appreciate the smaller details in life, and notice more what is close to us. I do look forward to reading about your travels again hopefully soon. Take care.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb