HI HO, HI HO, ITS OFF TO HULL WE GO..


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, after some nailbiting we discovered that we need not have worried.. Roger the Rover delivered us to Hull with no problems. We had booked ourselves into Burton Constable which is a campsite set in the grounds of a stately home, in Pete's words after looking on google maps, 'an oasis in a sea of whale bits'. We parked on the side of the lake with views of Burton Constable Hall. If it wasn't for the sea of northerners that would decend upon us later that day you would never have known we were in Hull!

We decided to leave the fishing till later in the week when it was quieter and after sitting in the sun for a while we were not dissapointed. The catch of the day was an awsome sight which we affectionatly named nessie!

Ma and Pa Nicholls were arriving later in the week so we were preparing to sleep in the small tent we had brought with us. We were looking forward to sleeping under canvas again for a few nights. Unfortunately we soon to discover that we had pitched our tent next to five morons and their pitbull. It was past midnight when we decided to turn in for the night so the campsite was pretty quiet, all except our neighbours whos seemed to think that the ideal way to stop their dog barking all night was to growl back at it.

It would seem that our new neigbours were quite local as at 6:15am we were woken by their conversation about popping back home to collect some stillettos. We decided to have a walk over to the caravan at 7am. We need not have worried about waking anyone as dad had been fishing since 6am. Not long after our arrival dad caught the biggest fish of the week and the only Pike that would be caught the whole time we were there.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd July 2010

Size "Does Matter!!!!!!"
Bit of a difference in size Andy!!!!!!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb