The Day Before the Big Departure...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Weymouth
February 1st 2010
Published: February 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The day before the big departure.....



Facebook informs me i've been 'packing' for nearly 2 days...and it's not an exaggeration. Thinking the biggest challenge of the whole trip could possibly be equipping myself for trekking in the snow, walking in the rain and of course. lying on a beach.

Meeting Kate and Carla at Kathmandu airport, can't wait to hear all about their Africa adventures. Although it's been awful saying goodbye to friends at home for 7 months, it'll be great to see Kate, Carla, and Ben who i'm flying out with. People keep asking me what my plans are for each country, which is worrying because there aren't really any.... My answers are therefore vague and subject to drastic alterations. Trekking in Nepal is as concrete as the first 6 gets.

Today I've ranged from hyperactive excitement to borderline anxiety attacks which I'm expecting to intensify tomorrow. No doubt Chloes goodbye visit this evening will be pretty emotional aswell. Had a nice walk along the seafront to bid farewell to Weymouth, odd that after wanting to leave for so long I'd never seen it look more beautiful.

Steak for dinner tonight in an attempt to remember what meat tastes like whilst in Nepal as Marcella informed me its somewhat of a vegetarians dream.

Will update after the big reunion in Nepal when maybe we'll have put an actual plan together....

Advertisement



1st February 2010

Bon Voyage!
Ah Kirst, am sooo excited for you and also so excited to hear all about Nepal (i hope you have packed my 'to do' list. Will defo check the blog when i can. Have an AMAZING once in a life time experience, enjoy everyday and remember to bring all the stories home. Lots of love, Marcella xxxxx
1st February 2010

you're going to have the most amazing time in the world and i really cant wait to hear all about it all. stay safe kirps and maybe apply for an ambassador job whilst out there!! enjoy!!! xxxx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb