Day's 4&5&6: England's Countryside - Dorset


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Sherborne
May 24th 2014
Published: May 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 4; 24/05/14

Saturday lunchtime in London we decided to leave for the weekend to go to Dorset to spend the weekend with relatives. What was meant to be a two and a half hour drive south west turned out to be a four hour car journey in a small car stuck in nose to tail traffic most of the way and anyone that knows me well knows how carsick I get so it wasn't pretty. The traffic was due to it being a long weekend and half term also (school holidays). When we arrived it was late , we ate and went to bed early.



Day 5; 25/05/14

Sunday we unfortunately had to spend the day in the car for long periods of time also as we drove to the coast. Our first stop was a place called West Bay where we stopped at a restaurant called Riverside which was a pricey seafood restaurant which was pretty nice. Back into the car and we were on our way again. This time to a place called Lyme Regis which is a beautiful seaside down where we stopped and I put my feet into the English Channel. We stayed in Lyme Regis for a few hours playing on the beach, and then I met some of my Dad's old friends which was cool. It was nice to relax by the sea with a group of cool people and make sandcastles for the baby cousin until there was sand packed under my fingernails! Another windy road back to the relatives house and we all went to bed exhausted.



Day 6; 26/05/14

Bank Holiday Monday, and we are going to a fair! It was at Sherborne Castle in the town of Sherborne. The man that built it Sir Walter Raleigh in 1594, brought tobacco and potatoes to England (random fact). It was a really nice little fair, with lots of animals, food stalls, dragon boat racing, Irish dancers and heaps of entertainment for kids. After hours spent entertaining the baby cousin, a circus show and a kids train ride later I was so tired I had to sit down. There is no way I am having kids for a long time, they are exhausting! After the fair we went home to the relatives and packed and left Dorset around 8:30pm for the long trip home. About two hours and a blurred sighting of Stonehenge later we had sped very fast up the motorway and arrived home safe. With a stiff neck from falling asleep in an awkward position in the car I crawled into my cold bed and passed out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb