To the fair, through the lanes and we’re here.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Chagford
September 13th 2022
Published: September 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Julie’s machine got us here. Concerned about conditions high up on the moors, 100% chance of rain and visible low cloud we opted for the low route but missed a turn early. Never ones for going back too far Julie gets out the phone and reroutes. Consequently we spent much of the day on small, windy, narrow lanes but out of the those conditions we associate with the high moors. We are fairly dry, relatively early (considering we went to the fair) and more than content now we are showered and housed. Quite a quirky pub this one. Named ‘The Globe’ is has movie paraphernalia everywhere and it even has its own movie theatre that we estimate would seat 60 or so.
Our host, you remember Kevin, drove us to Widecombe-in-the-Moor (even cuter with the hyphens) and we spent an hour or so speaking ‘Australian’ to the locals. Met some very cute sheep (yes Bun I’m missing you!), saw some horse/pony judging (including a prize that went to a kid that could not have been more than 2 or 3 years old. Most of the time he rode no hands as he was lead around. He was quite amazing.) and really had a good look around at a quite impressive show.
Set off, missed a turn within 50 metres and never really saw the real track again. But happy ending and all is good.
Tomorrow we walk over 23 km so that’s about our comfy level. We leave Dartmoor and enter central Devon although I think landscape wise there’s not a lot of difference particularly as we have become accustomed to low level farmland over the last 2 days.

Time for a cider and a hello downstairs so see you soon.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb