Where do all the cows go at night?


Advertisement
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mystery CowsMystery CowsMystery Cows

See the cow's in the background? Yeah, they weren't anywhere to be found later that night.
Another climbing trip. I think I found a new hobby and my mountain bike may be getting jealous.
On our way to the climbing area we went through a field full of cows, goats and sheep (nothing unusual for this area). Chuck and I stayed a bit late at the rock face and darkness fell upon us. Our journey back to the car we fell off track just a bit since we lost light and had to navigate with headlamps. We trudged through UK swampland for about two miles before we finally got to the field that we originated at, only something really odd was going on. There were no cows....Only the occasional evil red goat eyes spying on us. Were they planning a sneak attack on us in retribution for what we did to their friend at Hadrian's wall? Were they abducted by aliens? Do they morph into hobbits and go out to the local pub? One will never know.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Cow PieCow Pie
Cow Pie

A tasy Delicasy
BaaahhhhBaaahhhh
Baaahhhh

Just a Chillin Sheep
JustVic2JustVic2
JustVic2

Even Better scenery...
Hitch Hiker ChuckHitch Hiker Chuck
Hitch Hiker Chuck

If you saw this guy on the road would you pick him up?
DefianceDefiance
Defiance

Can you figure out what this rock represents?
LookoutLookout
Lookout

If you can figure out what the rock represents, you may be able to figure out what I'm doing...
Would you believe it?Would you believe it?
Would you believe it?

About 10 minutes prior to seeing this, Chuck asked me if I thought it would be alright if we used chalk...
JustVic1JustVic1
JustVic1

Great Scenery
Setting up the Top RopeSetting up the Top Rope
Setting up the Top Rope

It only took an hour or so...
Chuck Rapels Down...Chuck Rapels Down...
Chuck Rapels Down...

Peace...oh yeah, and hope you tied those knots right...
Action ShotAction Shot
Action Shot

Chuck Rapelling down...or something.
SunsetsSunsets
Sunsets

My favorite


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb