Thank god for the sandwiches


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire » Matlock
July 2nd 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our adventures in Draycott we struggled to find any accommodation in the surrounding area, eventually two hours later after a few wrong turns and a bit of map misreading we ended up in a small village. They had accommodation though, and it was in a pub. Perfect. After a roast meal and a few pints, Dad turned in for an early night, leaving Mum and I to fend for ourselves in the local pub quiz. We got destroyed. It was not an ideal quiz for a non-geezer a.k.a foreigner. They did have sandwiches afterwards so it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

The following day we drove to Matlock and had a look around. It is a pretty township that attracts many a tourist. It is also where the Derbyshire records office can be found. Dad and I went in and searched through microfiches in the attempt to uncover any more history of the Astle clan. Unfortunately in the little time we had we couldn’t fish any out.

Meanwhile Mum visited a knitting factory, unfortunately she kept putting Dad’s camera onto video mode so most of her photos are actually videos that feature her cussing at the camera.

Later on that day we drove past Chatsworth house where Pride and Prejudice was filmed. I’d even think about marrying Mr Darcy to get a pad like that



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

HuhHuh
Huh

Anyone else find this weird?


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb