Camping In Freak Weather!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire » Edale
April 26th 2011
Published: April 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

............Well it was FREAK Weather for a British Bank Holiday Weekend......the sun shone for four days, not a bit of rain, hardly any cloud and just a whiff of a breeze......that's pretty freaky for the UK!!

We camped in Edale in the Peak District National Park, a lovely little village with a gorgeous church, two pubs, a visitor centre, a National Trust Cafe, a Coffe Shop, Post Office cum Corner Shop and two Camp Sites. The Nags Head Pub at the top of the village marks the official start of The Pennine Way; a footpath that stretches for 267 miles to Kirk Yetholm in Scotland. We walked a small stretch of the footpath (obviously not to Scotland because we only had four days), the views in the area are stunning.

Our plan was to stay two nights but the weather and our surroundings were so beautiful that we decided to stay for three, we did quite a bit of walking and touring around some very impressive countryside and villages. We BBQ'd, ate Pub Food and Bakewell Tart purchased in Bakewell, drank lots of wine and beer, scared a few sheep and generally had a brilliant time.

Short Blog with LOTS of Pics (53) attached....click to enlarge :-)





Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Pennine WayThe Pennine Way
The Pennine Way

Footpath to Scotland 267 miles long....thats a lot of paving slabs!!
Highland Cow??Highland Cow??
Highland Cow??

...all the way from Scotland on the Pennine Way ??
The Nags Head - EdaleThe Nags Head - Edale
The Nags Head - Edale

The official start of the Pennine Way


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb