Wednesday 28th September – Kendal and Windermere... again


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Kendal
September 28th 2011
Published: October 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

DSC01511DSC01511DSC01511

Scenery from the bank we sat on
Sleep ins, shopping and back to Windermere to try go canoing/kayaking... that pretty much sums up our day in 1 sentence!
Nicole and I slept while Steve tried to go for a run! I use the word 'tried' because he got up and got into his running clothes, went to the carpark and stretched before stepping onto the motorway and realising there was no footpath and the grass was too long on both sides of the road! Hehe he returned about 3 minutes after leaving the room!
Anyway when we were up we headed into Kendal central, parked the car then went our own ways. Nicole and I went shopping and Steve went and spent 2 hours with 1 coffee and his laptop in McDonalds sorting out our flights and some other stuff.
Not a lot to report with regards to what we did except that Nicole and I found a really cool sports shop where I bought a Mickey Mouse t-shirt and... Dad you will laugh and my kids at school will be so proud of me... a Spongebob t-shirt! They were bargains! Normally £20 (that's $40 NZD) and I paid £7!
After this we all met up again and
DSC01519DSC01519DSC01519

Our towels in our hotel room that Nicole thought were 'cute'... Me? I'm just photo bombing!
decided it was too nice weather to stay inside so we went back to Windermere to hire some canoes/kayaks to go out on the water as it was a very hot day (for them). We spent a long time looking around trying to find somewhere and finally when we did it was too late because they had to be returned in less than an hour... so as an alternative we went and sat on the bank of the lake and lay basking in the sun (We were all attempting to work on our tans that seem to be disappearing the more we shower!).
Not a lot else happened after this, went to Windermere central and had dinner then went back to our hotel rooms where... oh yea... I had a bath! For the first time in forever I had a nice long hot bath (well I had to keep emptying the bath and refilling it with hot water to keep it hot). It was very relaxing and a great way to end the day!
XX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.425s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb