A hidden gem


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Carlisle
June 6th 2014
Published: June 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mel is struggling with a sore back and today it seems to have really begun to play up. We made an appointment for this afternoon with a physiotherapist and although she was very sore, she did not want to pass up the amazing weather we had today.

Our hosts had recommended Buttermere to visit in the lake district instead of Windemere so we packed a lunch and headed off. Winding our way through narrow roads between the hedgerows and tiny villages, we managed to dodge the oncoming traffic and arrived in Buttermere. I can see why the lake district is renowned for walking as, with the sun shining, it is simply beautiful. We wandered through the town and along one of the walking tails to the lake edge where we skipped stones across the water breaking the mirrored reflections of the surrounding mountains. A picnic lunch by the crystal clear water and then a short walk back through the forest to the car was all we had time for unfortunately as the physio appointment was approaching.

It turns out we should have skipped the physio and stayed by the lake because it made the pain much worse. Almost unable to walk, Mel was in agony for the rest of the day and we made arrangements with our hosts to stay an extra night. Thankfully they had no booking until the next night so we would be able to stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb