Lake District!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Ambleside
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just back from Lake District! A 3D2N trip, tiring but very rewarding! Stayed at this hostel call Ambleside Backpackers, and our room was filled with two other pairs of couples, Lisa and Brad, Jess and Michael, who were totally helpful and fun loving people! Thanks folks for the great time together!

The highlight of the trip was when me and shan decided to challenge The Fairfield Horseshoe circuit on the second day. Its a trek thats near the lake district, relatively straightforward (in good weather) and the views were awesome! The tougher part was actually finding the way up, and the coming down was really terrible for my poor knees...I was totally enjoying my trek up, the view from the top, even before getting to the top, was spendid! The trek had a wonderful view of the lake, and the mountainous backdrop and greens make it postcard perfect. The zillions of sheeps residing along the trek makes it more interesting. The top of the trek was very cold though, and the strong wind makes it even tougher. Luckily there was these "stone walls" all round, that provided some shelter for those wanting a break from the cold wind. We ended the trek with lotsa nice photos, and a pair of tired knees, but i guess its really worth the effort, and if we had more time, we would def have done more treks! Perhaps next time!

The town of ambleside had lotsa trekking shops, catered to the needs of the trekkers, and the equipment were reasonably priced, so good news for those hardcore trekkers! Tried the cumberland sausage, which was made of chunks of meat, spices etc...not the best sausage i have tried, and I would probably go for german or the taiwan sausage any time! Had a surprise find of lake district New Jersey ice cream, which was vanilla but of "fuller" flavour, totally nice! The apple pie (recommended by LP) and cumberland ale are below my expectations though =(

Ok shall sign off now, gg to Peak district tmr for more treks, shall update and upload photos after I return from Peak.

Cheers!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



1st July 2006

yoyoyo....
finally made my way to your blog !! looks like you are having a great time ya...I am looking around for your job applications.....some banks are hiring big time le so I'll shall look around and see....I started work two days ago..tell you more when I see you. In the meantime, take care and continue to have lotsa fun.....cheers =)

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb