Wet and Wild


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall
July 5th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up in time to get to the boat for 7ish. We had a yummy breakfast, I was then sick and very concerned about going out to sea if I was sick on land!

We drove to the quay and loaded dive kit into the container and discovered that the boat was cancelled. A bit of a relief that we wouldn’t face the sea, but disappointing as we missed a day of our holiday over on the islands.

Fortunately we managed to get a BnB for the night and visited Falmouth and Pendennis Castle with Tony. It was still very wet and windy, but the castle had lots of inside bits to see which was great! We played with the guns and watched the helicopter rescue team out at sea, very dramatic.

Then we went over to Goonhilly Downs for lunch. Tony told us all about the aliens, we looked at satellites, Jan and Steve joined us for a bite to eat, we then headed to Newquay with Tony and Jan for a windy and wet walk. When we got back to the BnB we were very tired and wet. Dinner at the Lugger again, the sea was still rough but not as bad as the previous night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb