Bath to St. Austell/Grampound


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Truro
March 8th 2010
Published: March 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday morning after travelling to St. Austell the night before, I got up and took the bus to the Eden Project. The place was phenomenal, truly a sight to behold. It's basically a massive garde with huge biodomes and education center promoting good environmental practices, sustainability, eating and buying locally grown food, as well as sustainable agriculture. You can go to thier website at www.edenproject.com for more info. I was totally impressed. I was there for almost 4 hours and didn't even get to see everything. Also when I visited, being only the beginning of March there were only a few of the bulbs coming up, and I can't even imagine how beautiful it will be here in about a month. There must be hundreds of thousands of plants/bushes/trees on the property. They one massive biodome that replicates a tropical climate, like walking through a rainforest. I took some pics but excuse the fogginess because they have the humidity set high so my lens kept fogging up. Then there was also a mediterrainean/desert biodome. In the middle of the property there is a stage and outdoor concert venue where there they hold concerts all summer long, and they light up the domes for the evening concerts. In the winter there is a massive skating rink in the same area. The education center has video and visual displays on everything from how to conserve water to sucessful local green businesses. But, I think it's really the sheer size and scale of the proect that is so impressive. I would definately recommend to visit here if ever you are in the UK.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb