Day 04 St Just and Land End


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » St Just
May 26th 2010
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today’s weather turned out to be a little overcast, windy and a bit cooler than yesterday. We both had a good night’s sleep in our cottage a few doors up from Richard and Gail, which Gail had arranged for us to stay in.

Today we decided to go to Lands End and have a look around the most westerly point of England. There is a tourist village here with shops and various other attractions including a Doctor Who display. Gina and I went in our car and Richard, Gail, Koren and Mawgan went in their car. Just before setting off, we went around and had a tour of Koren and Ricks’s bungalow.

We had a walk around the park area, which is privately owned, for about 90 minutes and went on a retired RNLI lifeboat. This was quite interesting as they are not very big and over the years around the coast have saved many mariners lives.

One leaving Lands End, we drove through a village called Sennen, which has had a church or religous monument on this site since AD 520. The current church was built in the 1300s, so has nearly been here for 700 years.

We then headed towards Penzance to find a place for lunch. Richard and Gail knew of a place just outside of Penzance and we headed there for a late lunch. This is known as Poets Cafe at Treriefe and is a cute little cafe in the grounds of an extensive country property.

The lunch here was very good and we all sat around and had a great talk. After lunch we headed into Penzance and then to a local supermarket to stock up on some supplies.

We then went back to St Just and settled in for an evening of finger foods, a few drinks and good conversation. Tomorrow we head off for our trip to the north via Padstow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb