Visit to Mevagissey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » St Austell
September 24th 2018
Published: September 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I remembered the bus going past Mevagissey when visiting Heligan Garden and that Mevagissey harbour looked interesting. We decided to visit there in the morning on 18 September 2018.



We took the bus No.24 from the town centre of St Austell in the mid morning. The bus took us to River Street, Mevagissey. As we walked towards harbour, we found numerous interesting shops, e.g. the Cornish Fudge Shop, pottery shop, jewellery shop, a second hand bookshop and fish restaurants, and we popped in some of these shops. The attractive cobbled streets and lanes led us to the harbour. There were a number of colourful fishing boats, water taxies and flat boats mooring on the water. We found the foot ferry which travel between Mevagissey and Fowey. Unfortunately, because of the expected windy weather, the ferry services between these two harbours were cancelled in the week starting 17 September. This ferry would travel across the sea – we understood why. There were several people browsing through shops stocked with locally produced items. I bought some items for two of volunteers who would be leaving my shop soon. There were also people walking on the coastal path and overlooking the harbour from the vantage point. We found a bakery shop and bought Cornish pastry for lunch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.3202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb