Padstow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Padstow
October 23rd 2009
Published: March 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Padstow is a really lovely Cornish town that is also known as Padstein due to the control that famous T.V chef Rick Stein has over his home town. He owns a hotel, a few restaurants, the chip shop on the seafront and a couple of other things their.


I love to drive to Padstow from St Ives up the coast it had some really beautiful beaches that you pass and the scenery is everything you want from a Cornish coast. The houses there like most Cornish villages and towns are made from Cornish stone and are really beautiful.


The town has a lovely harbor with many small shops surrounding that area where you can go and buy some lovely Toffee, Fudge, Shortbread, Sweets and gifts. It is not tacky like many seaside resorts can be and there are some really good pubs to grab some food or have a pint.


Depending on what time of year you go there you might also be blessed with the drinking marching band that play music whilst they stomp there way from pub to pub, it is a great spectacle and you can follow them on
there journey if you so wish.


Other attractions that are worth visiting is the National Lobster hatchery and a boat ride up the estuary in the summer is a lovely way to spend a lazy afternoon. I would recommend that a trip down there in September being the best time. It can become very crowded during the school holiday period like most Cornish towns but September still offers good weather and less tourists.


I love Padstow and it would be a dream of mine to one day own a house just outside of town. It is still holds that quintessential English feel that is mainly lost further inland of England these days.








Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th March 2010

I hope you have fun in padstow!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb