Cornwall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Newquay
April 16th 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Travelling UK style!



OK, we've finally got round to sorting this blog out. This one is about Cornwall, but is actually being written in Kynsna in South Africa!

Cornwall was great. We spent 4 nights in a lovely villa in Porth, just outside of Newquay with Lynne's Mum and Dad. It was a great way to wind down after work and prepare for a life of not doing very much. We did manage to see quite a bit though.

My highlights were going to a place called the Lost Garden of Helligan. This is a country estate that was left to ruin after all the gardeners were killed in WW1. A group of people have been restoring the gardens since the early 80's. The victorians were obviously very clever people and had made various grrenhouses to grow pineapples, oranges, peaches and grapes. They also had a massive veg garden so the house was self sustainable, which I think is a pretty nice concept.

Otherwise, we managed to get Lynne to brave the water and try surfing again. It was actually pretty warm in the wetsuit and Lynne got up on her feet a couple of times, so
St IvesSt IvesSt Ives

View of the lighthouse
fingers crossed for the next time. She doesn't want to do it in SA though in case she gets eaten!

We're going to write more on SA now, so I'll keep this one short.

Hope everyone is doing well!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lands EndLands End
Lands End

Lynne with her Mum and Dad


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 18; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb