No more house .. no more work .. :0(


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire
September 27th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Removal VanRemoval VanRemoval Van

How big is the van?!
On the 26th Sep we waved goodbye to all our furniture as it was packed up and loaded onto a Pickfords truck bound for Australia by sea.

The next time we will see it is on the other side of the world (hopefully!) when it will all be unpacked and placed in our new house. The shipping time has been estimated at 10 - 12 weeks!!

We had the funniest 2 guys who packed up all our stuff who basically just spent all day making jokes - mainly directed at me and how I would be lucky to see any of my furniture ever again in one piece!!!

As we spent all day laughing (and endlessly making cups of coffee for them!) it actually took the pressure of us and turned a sad day into a great one!

We moved out of the house last Friday - seems like a lifetime ago now but it doesn't seem 2 minutes since we were all excited at the prospect of moving into our first little house in Birchwood. It is now over 10 years ago and the time has flown by.

So much has happened in that time
Address Labels Address Labels Address Labels

J Martin .. Australia ... will I ever see my furniture again?
- we got married, bought Biscuit & Oz, and over the years we have had the best parties - one of which involved the local football team sitting in the fish pond thinking it was a jacuzzi! One thing is for sure we will never forget the house as it is full of lovely memories for us both.

Both Doug and myself left work on the 28th as well as moving out of the house on the same day - our planning has never been a strong point!

I have been at Applied Bio for 8 years and Doug at Fraikin for 14 years so it was a really sad day for both of us as we are leaving behind not just colleagues but friends.

I have had the best time at AB and will take with me countless memories of parties, events and nights out (might notice I've not mentioned the work though!!!). Most importantly I made so many friends over the years and will hopefully keep in touch with the majority of them when I am in Oz (bribe of a cheap holiday should work!!).

Our flights are now booked and we leave the
The CrateThe CrateThe Crate

All our furniture was stored in this crate .. but it didn't all fit!!!
UK on the 10th November on the 7 am flight to London and then catch the lunchtime flight out to Perth via Singapore. I have booked thousands of flights in my time (both for work and ourselves) but nothing can compare to booking a one way ticket to the other side of the world not knowing when you will be coming back - if at all.

Doug's car has now also made the 'big' journey from our house to his mums on the other side of Birchwood albeit on the back of a recovery truck! It is the furthest it has moved in 6 years!! Although in the past few weeks he has refitted the engine, gear box and exhaust there is still loads to do on it and he is such a perfectionist so not too sure if it will be finised by the time we leave on the 10th and it might have to go into storage.

So now all that remains is the fill up 6 weeks of spare time before we go ... pure decadance ... not sure what we will get up to but really feel that this is the start of our
Doug's CarDoug's CarDoug's Car

Doug's Porsche makes a rare appearance outside the garage!!
new adventure and it only feels right that it starts in the UK.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb