Its Getting Better (22hrs 34mins to take off)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Widnes
March 24th 2014
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Good luck and Bon Voyage ChrisGood luck and Bon Voyage ChrisGood luck and Bon Voyage Chris

Chris dressed for the trip holding his lucky globe and lucky glass of Brandy!!
2 years ago Roisin and I were lucky enough to cruise from Genoa in Italy to Abu Dhabi in the Arabian Gulf via the Suez Canal. From pirates to dish-dashers, the adventure was certainly a once in a lifetime experience. However, during a visit to some port or other, Roisin must have approached one of those 'rub its belly and you'll return to this place' statues. Whilst I wasn't looking she had a ‘go' Roisin must have rubbed the statue up the wrong way!! I don't mean in a provoking anger sort of way but rubbed the statue anti-clockwise!! Although, not being the superstitious type it obviously worked for we ARE returning to the lands of Frankincense, Ferrari world and feckin' taxi drivers!! However, not in the footsteps of our last trip but this time we're starting in reverse by sailing from Dubai and returning to Europe.

We spend 2 days in Dubai last time and only saw a fraction of the city. Since then our ‘must see' list has grown bigger. Amongst other things, we plan on sailing down the creek in a dhow, watching the dancing fountain outside the Burj Khalifa and a trip to the Palm; the man made artificial island in the shape of a Palm. (Great name, lads!!)

Although it's tempting to cut and paste to this blog from my previous Arabian Gulf shenanigans then put my feet up for the rest of the trip, the blog promises not to be a rehash the aforementioned trip down the Red Sea (albeit the opposite way round!!). Some things will remain constant though; the MSC Lirica, Trivia and Bingo in about 8 languages and I'll probably have another rant about taxi drivers somewhere along the line but I hope you find the rest of the blog QI; no not Quite Irritating but Quite Interesting)

Our last break saw us in Moscow coping with temperatures of 20 below. This time is a massive contrast and it won't be unusual if we find ourselves in 35 degree heat plus. Whatever the temperature and whether for Queen and Country (or even Sheik and disputed territory in the Middle East), the blog must go on!

Advertisement



25th March 2014

Have a wonderful time xxxx
25th March 2014

Have a fab time :-) x
25th March 2014

Sounds great. I?d do the same.... if I had the possibility. Looking forward to hear all about it!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb