Practice Run - Where are the Deardens? Well actually 66.66% of them are not here.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Ellesmere Port
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

In 4 four sleeps we will be flying off on our travels to New York, Mexico, Guatemala and Belize, and of course to the main event, the wedding of Jamie and Jess on December 18th.



We leave on 7th December and land back at Manchester on Tuesday 8th January at 13.40pm.



In the interests of re-assuring our parents that we are totally fine and not ill, lost, under arrest for fishing in our pyjamas, kinapped by a swarm of rabid zebras or any of the other things that parents worry about we have decided to write a travel blog.



Of course, the other advantage to us doing a travel blog is to make all our friends in the cold, wet UK as jealous as possible when we post pictures of ourselves lying on a tropical beach in mid-December.



I thought it best to do a test page before we go. Unfortunately the other relevant Deardens have made themselves scarce for fear of actually having to help with the packing. This poses me with a minor problem for the test run of uploading photos.



I have therefore had to search the house for things that most resemble the AWOL portion of the Deardens. I have decided to simply use similar looking objects from around the house to stand in for the missing Deardens in order to test both the cameras and my uploading skills. I think I have found some pretty uncanny resemblances.



Actually Daddy Dearden is back home now - but since he has been in the pub all night, I'm going to stick with the collander photo as it looks in much better condition than the real Mark.



Parents - (this is particularly aimed at you Mum) you have approximately 48 hours to request technical support if you can't use this blog.



I will publish it to Facebook as well which should hopefully make it foolproof.



00
DAYS 
00
HOURS 
00
MINS 
00
SECS

Until we leave for the Big Apple




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

TiggerTigger
Tigger

The only Dearden not smart enough to stay away when Mummy Dearden has a LIST


4th December 2012

Muchness jealousness!!
As the title says really! Great idea - Dearden tracking, love it! Xx
4th December 2012

Greetings
Hi this is my test message to you. Hope to see you all before you go x
4th December 2012

Test to see if I can be computer literate
I do hope you get this message - have enjoyed reading your pages - we will look after Tigger while you are away (we will try not to get her too fat) have a great holiday, speak to you soon
4th December 2012

shiy this is soo difficult
helllooooo

Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb