Chester


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Chester
November 16th 2013
Published: November 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We went to Chester. We first walked around the part of town surrounded by a wall. The streets had no cars in them, they only had pedestrian walkways. We stopped in a few shops, and went into a museum of ancients things. There were weapons that were all the way from ancient times to just before guns. There were figurines made from rock and shields made from Rhino hide. We left the museum and carried on to a cathedral. It was a really pretty place, we walked around there for almost two hours. There is more room inside than it looks like out, because it goes underground. The under ground dates back to the tenth century. It was really interesting because there we still fragments of paintings that were made hundreds of years ago. On the upper levels the outside is being refinished almost all the time, because of how fragile it is. But the inside is still the same, with the tombs of some of the people who worshiped there. We had seen all of the cathedral and went out to the court yard. We looked out there a bit and then went back to the car, because we had to leave by 4 o'clock. Dinner was prepared by the time we got back so we could eat right away.

Sleep well

Snake Wrangler signing off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb