The Wedding


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well it has finally happened. The rain held off and the day was perfect. The blessing service was held in the chapel of The Peterborough School (Victoria's old school) and the reception in a marquee of the grounds.We spent Friday and Saturday morning setting up the marquee. Vicky's Aunty Margaret supplied 130 china place settings that she has collected over the years as well as providing the flowers that decorated the tables. It all looked beautiful.

Friends from all over the world gathered and enjoyed the service and reception. For those familiar with the story Victoria and Todd were married in 2009 in Las Vegas as that was where they met. For them to be together Todd needed a visa to be in England so marriage in Las Vegas was the obvious answer knowing that the real thing would eventually take place....and that was why we were here in Peterborough. It was a celebration.

As Todd said in his speech it would probably be the only time that all of their family and friends would ever be together. The English side were surprised when all of his mates walked in - ït was like a rugby team had arrived".
Setting UpSetting UpSetting Up

The place cards were held by koalas - the aussie flavour
The service was lovely with musical pieces and a poem which covered Vicky and Todd's journey with an additional verse thrown in to honour Black Caviar and the recent visit to Royal Ascot (complete with a waving of the paddles we were given at Ascot).

The reception marquee looked beautiful and was a testament to the hard work put in by a very willing army of helpers. It also made it more personal. Vicky's dad was DJ for the night. The alcohol flowed and the speeches were short and sweet. It all finished around 12:30 when the Principal (who lives on the school premises) reminded us that 12 midnight was the agreed finishing time. He must have been anxious to start on his 8 weeks summer holiday.

Back the next morning for the cleanup. We wish them well


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The Bridal CarThe Bridal Car
The Bridal Car

Vicky's precious yellow VW appropriatley decorated for the occasion


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb