Breifly in Bristol


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
April 1st 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I was invited by a friend I met travelling to check out Bristol, a good chance to see another smaller english city. I was reminded again that travel in England isn't cheap, the train cost £40 each way! We went out to a pub on the Friday night with her friends and it was just like any other pub 😊

On Saturday we took a day trip to Bath, which is a very quaint little town, all in white stone from the local area. Breakfast was at the original Sally Lunns, Englands oldest tea house established in 1680 something I think. It was a proper English tea with buns and jam and cream and quite delicious. We took a long bus trip to head out to see Stone Henge, its not much to see or all that amazing, but it is Stone Henge and I can say I've seen it. We checked out the Roman Baths (hence the name Bath) when we got back which were quite cool and very old. You can imagine what it would have been like to bathe there with the Romans, its a real shame they haven't restored it or partially restored some of it so you can actually swim! A night of alcohol and dancing ensued and it was quite noticibly a university town compared to London where the average age is a lot higher.

On Sunday we checked out the suspension bridge which is quite an engineering feat considering its age, then chilled out at a cafe before I had to get my afternoon train to catch up on some work before monday.

It was brief but very cool to have checked out, extra thanks to Christina for inviting me!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The churchThe church
The church

What trip would be complete without seeing a church!


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb