A bit more of a test....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire
May 21st 2018
Published: May 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well after a quick work out, it was back home to stock up, empty out and for me to take an HGV assessment to see how many lessons I’d need before taking my HGV test.
It was an eventful day, we parked up in our good friends Pub Car Park, The Palmer Arms in Dorney but right away noticed something was not quite right. The dash board was going bonkers and the engine was hunting. Everything had been perfect, now this? There was no time to dwell on it as time was getting on. I picked the car up from home and went off to Lorry Land while Lydia walked the dawgs.

We reconvened later in the day and after a quick matching of opinions with a mate and confirmation by a kindly AA man, we determined our problem was the Chassis Battery. It was old and looked knackered so no surprise really. A trip to Halfords and bingo, all good to go.

It had been a long day so Chrys invited us to stay in his car park, and so after a couple of pints and and a hearty meal in the pub, we did just that and settled down for the night.

Next morning we were up and out early so as to miss the Royal Wedding traffic and headed out to Knowl Hill. I knew of a café there, Flicks Cafe. After a good walk across the Waltham’s, we enjoyed a splendid breakfast and the hospitality of the lovely lady owner. We stayed a few hours to watch and celebrate H & M’s nuptials. What a fabulous day. Flick packed us up a take away of Goat Curry and Jerk Chicken to have for supper.

Later in the afternoon we had our first proper drive out in our now trusty RV. Through Henley to Wallingford, then up to Oxford. We had intended to stay over in a lay-by like proper Nomads but we were tired and agreed a better night sleep would be had on familiar and quieter ground so we headed back to our familiar spot in the woods of Penn Street.

Parked in the same spot were a couple of fellow Travellers with whom we’d spent a pleasant few hours with a couple nights before. They also have an American RV so we pulled up in front and made camp. A couple of beers to and our Jamaican Take Away went down a treat.

They’ve headed off now, we hope to meet up again in the near future as we get used to finding places to stay in the U.K.

The dogs are now sleeping having walked for miles and we are going to chill for a while, so until the next update....

Thanks for reading.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



21st May 2018

Carpe diem
Excellent looking forward to the future
22nd May 2018

Looking great!
Looks like you're having loads of fun. Pls keep the pics & commentary going. If you fancy a visit to the Isle of Sheppy in Kent we'll be there from Monday.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb