Countdown has begun!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Newbury
April 19th 2008
Published: April 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Getting ready to move house has been a huge task and taken many man hours to prepare and still we are not ready. The loft contents are awiting packing in the lounge and the garden shed is swept and cleaned! Even the bikes have been scrubbed with a toothbrush, there is no mud on the tyres now! Shoes have been washed and disinfected and Eddie has washed all the garden furniture and sheila has emptied the kitchen cupboards and washed all the storage jars, oh so many!! Its not like just throwing it in the van and driving down the road everything will be in the container for 8 weeks and then checked by customs so we cannot risk any thing.
Yesterday the removal guys turned up ladened with packing boxes and gaffer tape. The speed at which they went through each room in the house was amazing, if you stood still long enough you would have been wrapped up too! As the boxes increased so did the designer feature in the corner of the lounge as the boxes were stacked floor to ceiling. The men were horrified as to the number of pictures we had to pack and spent an enormous amount of time wrapping them up and sticking prewritten labels on the front so we could identify each one, abit to organised I fear?!
So having made copious cups of tea and coffee and snacks to munch on two thirds of the house is now packed and ready to be loaded onto the container. The remainder will be packed on Monday. Even Helen has gone and moved across the road, Dominic is now staying at Denises and Tristan and I move out on Monday.
So with the house empty what better than to have a party with 30 of Sebs friends?! What a racket why the music has to be on so loud I dont know. It is very entertaing though to watch 17 and 18 year olds 'party' it made me very old! I dont think my ear drums have stopped throbbing yet. Seb was given a wonderful Memory Book from all his friends where everyone had signed it along with a photo and special words. Such a special thing to have done and he was very touched by their thoughtfulness. I know he will miss his mates greatly as one door closes another opens and new friends await him in Aus.
How the young can party such energy and such drinking power! A good time was had by all....
It is strange to think that we are now actually going and that we are setting up home somewhere else we have been so happy in Shefford for so long with so many special friends. Thank you to all for your help and support I could not have managed to do everything with out your help and encouragement.
Us oldies can party too... thank you to everyone for my leaving gathering at Iris it was great to remember things from the past and laugh at our anticts. A special evening thank you. I shall always smile when I get out my different sets of crockery and think of you Nikki.
Heres to a new chapter....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Memory BookMemory Book
Memory Book

Everyone wrote a special message and found a fun photo to put in the book . Such lovely things were said about Seb he was very touched by the present.


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb