Hungerford Hike


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Hungersford
April 17th 2004
Published: April 17th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Map reader who got lost!Map reader who got lost!Map reader who got lost!

view over one of the fields, just after the phesant ran past!
Well, Colly and I decided that we had had quite enough of London and the stench of city streets, sewers and the Tube.
So, headed for Reading with the intent of getting a bit of fresh air.

Slept the night at Coly (she snores worse than I do!) and headed for the hills the next morning sort of early.

Found our B&B easy enough - tucked away in the back streets of Hungersford, after wending our way thru the village.
People pleasant, the chap of the house a hiker of note and full of maps and information.

We borrowed a map, got lost, saw lots, and could not identify the beautiful yellow flowering crop! But - it tastes like young broccolai if that helps!
What a giggle - we walked up an down dale, got a blister and a few, discovered muscles we did not know we had, a few cow barn's, a phesant on the run, tinkled in the woods with fear we would be spotted on a public walkway, and had a spot of beer in the local before trudging out way back.

What a wonderful weekend away!!!

Oh yea, it was freaking cold
Fields if yellowFields if yellowFields if yellow

Mustard, Rape or flowering broccolai?
too - take note of the serious jumpers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mossy PerchMossy Perch
Mossy Perch

Hey - any place to park your botty works when walking miles...
Ruined CastleRuined Castle
Ruined Castle

Or some sort of turret thingie. Wallingord or something - we took a back road, and a diversion, and found it, in amongst the rain and wind!
Hungersford VillageHungersford Village
Hungersford Village

Far away - and that is only a quater of the distance we walked !
Early BluebellsEarly Bluebells
Early Bluebells

Well - actually stalks and deer poo was all we found in the woods!
River that runs thruRiver that runs thru
River that runs thru

Yip - them places is full of rivers, water, puddles and sloshy bits with flowers - pretty cool stuff!
Fields of summer yellowFields of summer yellow
Fields of summer yellow

What is this stuff - excellent views - but nobody could tell us what it was!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb