Nearly there!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bedfordshire
June 10th 2006
Published: June 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My last train!My last train!My last train!

Just about to leave Moorgate, on my last ever trip, to Bedford.
Just a quick entry to give our intended travel itinery and update you on how we're coming along with our plans.

No more work! We both worked our last shifts on Thursday 8th June...feels so weird to be unemployed! Don't think its really hit home yet. People keep asking if we're excited, but we've been so busy sorting the house out and selling or giving away most of what we own that we've not really had time to be excited.

Our house is being rented out, unfurnished, so most of our furniture has already gone. The TVs on the floor. Our sofa has gone so we're sitting on the floor, eating off our only two remaining plates! Our bed goes monday, so we'll be spending our last two nights here on a blow-up bed!

We move out on Wednesday 14th. Down to Claire's mum's in London for three nights, then off to Llanberis in North Wales for four weeks. Going to do lots of walking to try to get a bit fitter! Back to Bedford for Saturday 15th July for another leaving do, this time at our local pub, The Pheasant.

Saturday 22nd July, we fly off
Claire and SoxClaire and SoxClaire and Sox

Simon, Train Driver at 15.
to Accra, Ghana. We're going to be staying most of the time at Padre Pio Leprosy Rehabilitation Centre, in Ahotokurom (which means "serenity"). Sister Pat who helps run the centre is an old friend of Claire and her family. We're going to be helping out with some nursing care and painting and other odd jobs.

We're there for 7 weeks, then on the way back stopping off in Dubai for four nights, arriving back in the UK on the 15th September, just in time for Keeley, Claire's niece's 18th birthday.

The plan is after that to travel off to India, first to Goa and the flat we have booked for 6 months. We'll probably be leaving for there about the first week of October.

Had my leaving do last night, and was well impressed with the turn out! Made me quite sad to be leaving and saying goodbye to so many cool people! Claire's do is tonight. There's a few pics here from mine, we'll try to post some from Claires tomorrow if we've still got access to the internet, otherwise sometime in the future.


Update!

Hello! Ooohh....my first entry! We are just back
KeithKeithKeith

Keith getting into the spirit of things
from my leaving do - I had a lovely night, lots of friends, lots of food and lots of fun! In fact I was so busy mingling that we completely forgot we took the camera and so I have NO photos of all my work friends :o(

I really felt a bit sad when people were leaving tonight, this whole travel thing doesn't feel real yet so that made it all worse!

Terry is bugging me to get off of the computer now so he can pack it up!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ShagShag
Shag

Shag looking a little worse for wear...
Lesley and MeLesley and Me
Lesley and Me

Me looking a bit worse for wear...


Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 24; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb