Mont Blanc


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
July 22nd 2015
Published: July 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - La Fouly, Switzerland to Champex Lac, Switzerland



The day began with us hiking to the end of town and then crossing the road to join the footpath that took us across the river and into the woods - to Grandma's house we go - ha!. As we entered the woods we came across some very unique hanging paintings which we have no idea why they were there. Before long we came to a clearing in the woods that made we think "what an ideal place for a bear to suddenly appear". As we continued on we passed by a very beautiful waterfall. The trail then followed alongside the river winding in and out of the woods with a gradual uphill climb. Before long the trail made a turn and we left the river behind us and had a bit of a steep climb with the path getting considerably narrower with some deep dropoffs. After about a couple of hours of hiking we arrived at the small town of Praz-de-Fort where we saw some really beautiful and well taken care of homes. After leaving Praz-de-Fort it was a very easy hike on a great path that lead us to the little town of Issert where we stopped at a very cute place for coffee and where they are known for their apricot tart which we did not have. Back on the trail we now started our steep climb through the woods towards Champex. As we were hiking through the woods we saw several carved wooden sculptures of various animals, mushrooms, people etc. Since we had passed on the dessert when we had our coffee, we were lucky and found lots of wild raspberries to eat on that were very tasty. Upon reaching Champex, we were greeted with a beautiful lake that was being enjoyed by many on such a beautiful day. We finally arrived at our hotel around 2 pm which gave me a lot of time to get my washing done and to make a trip to the grocery store for some fruit for the next day before it was time for dinner. Shortly after dinner the skies cut loose and it just poured. So glad the rain so fair is staying mostly at night and not during the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0924s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb