cinque terre-sswitzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 29th 2012
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We walked on the trail from Riomaggiore to Manarola with beautiful scenery. Then took a train to the fifth village Montorosso which has the best beach. We staked out our claim of the beach for the day and had a blast! The water was very salty so we were very bouyant. We swam, sun bathed, rented a stand up paddle board, and rented a two person kayak. We were wiped out after being in the sun all day but took train to Corniglia (village #3) and climbed the 300+ steps to the village. We got some energy with more gelato and walked back down to catch our train to Riomaggiore. Got cleaned up and dressed up a bit and went out for pasta and swordfish. Pizza, pasta, wine and gelato, were the four foods we needed to try in Italy and now we have had all four. We walked up and down the main street to find wifi for the girls and Ken and I watched the fotboll game Spain vs. Portugal in an outdoor bar while the girls checked facebook and downloaded a few pictures.

Next morning we packed up, did a little souvenir shopping and took the train back to our car in La Spezia. The drive to Interlakken Switzerland was big traffic in Italy and curvy big mountain passes and hairpin roads in Switzerland. Ken was driving and said he was scared.....to death. Views were amazing but my eyes were on the road as much as Ken's were so didn't get to see much. The girls were taking tons of pictures though so we"ll have to look at them later. The accommodations I booked in Switzerland were a big camper with two small bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen. Not really roughing it but a little more outdoor-sy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb